Week 29: Volta à Missão

Hello family and friends,

As most if not all of you know, in March of last year I temporarily returned home from serving a mission in São Paulo, Brazil. I was later given the option to be reassigned immediately or to wait a year, and I chose to wait. Since COVID still isn't gone, I'm not yet able to go back to Brazil, so last week Tuesday I got on a plane to continue serving in the Jacksonville Florida mission, which includes most of northern Florida and southern Georgia. After a day of additional training, on Thursday I was assigned to an area around Kingsland and St. Marys in Georgia, where I will spend at least the next five weeks and probably the next three months or beyond.

The work here seems to be going well. Several people have been baptized recently, and others are nearly ready to be baptized themselves. We even found a new person to teach on the first day! It's very different from Brazil, but this is where the Lord has sent me, and I will do what I can here in Georgia.

While I was in Brazil, I sent out a scripture in each week's email. I think this is a good time to bring out my favorite scripture.

Joshua 1:9

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

At times in this life, we experience difficult situations. On these occasions, it can be easy to be afraid or to think that God has abandoned us. However, He promises us the opposite here. It is said elsewhere that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and love. He commands us not to be afraid, but to trust in him, and He promises us that He will be with us wherever we go. He will guide us at work, in our homes, in Brazil or in Georgia. I have felt His guidance many times in my life, and I trust that He guides all of His children.

Josué 1:9

Não to mandei eu? Sê forte e corajoso; não temas, nem te espantes; porque o Senhor teu Deus é contigo, por onde quer que andares. 

Às vezes nessa vida, experimentamos tempos difíceis. Nessas ocasiões, é fácil ficar com medo ou achar que Deus o abandonou. Porém, Ele nos promete aqui o oposto. É dito em outro lugar que Deus não nos deu um espírito de medo, mas de poder e amor. Ele nos manda que não temamos, mas que confiemos Nele, e nos promete que estará conosco em qualquer lugar. Vai nos guiar no trabalho, em casa, no Brasil ou na Geórgia. Senti Sua guia muitas vezes na minha vida, e confio que guiará e abençoará todos Seus filhos.

Thanks y'all,
Elder Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Última Semana no CTM

Olá from Brazil

Week 18: El Fin del Trenamiento