Week 15: Natal Real

Hello family and friends,

This week was Christmas. We spent most of that time at the house of the family of one of the members of our ward, talking with families at home and eating. I received several presents from various people:

From my parents directly:
* 1 homemade calendar composed of pictures of the Hiatt kids collected over the last 20 years

From my parents indirectly (by way of a missionary delivery service in Brazil):
* 1 case of chocolates
* 1 package of Oreos
* 1 can of Strawberry Nesquick milk drink mix

From my mission president:
* 2 peanut candy things
* 1 Lollipop with a chewy core (not a tootsie pop)
* 1 package of Mentos
* 1 Twix
* 1 fancy São Paulo Oeste study journal
* 1 fancy São Paulo Oeste water bottle
* 1 toothbrush, which is important because of all this candy I got.

From my companion:
* Jesus, o Cristo, which is a really cool book that explains basically everything we know about the existence premortal, mortal, and postmortal of Jesus Christ.
* Músicas para Crianças, or the Children's Songbook, so I can learn all of the primary songs in Portuguese.

I'm still working on the present for my companion, which is completely secret, since we are together all the time. I'm very secretly making him an origami nativity scene, complete with hand done coloration on all the people and props. I bought some colored pencils while I was in the CTM to mark important things in my scriptures, and a few weeks ago bought a notebook with white paper to make this. So far I have the manger, Baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, an angel that is still completely paper white, and a sheep, which my companion says actually looks like a sheep, which is good because sheep are weird. I still need to make a few shepherds, more sheep, camels, the wise men, and more angels, but everything is going well. Also, I took pictures last night and this morning, then left my camera in the apartment so I still can't send you them. Maybe next week.

And today's scripture:
Mateus 8:2-3
E eis que veio um leproso, e o adorou, dizendo: Senhor, se tu queres, podes tornar-me limpo.
E Jesus, estendendo a mão, tocou-o, dizendo: Quero; sê limpo. E logo ficou limpo da lepra.

Matthew 8:2-3
And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Esse leproso veio a Jesus com uma petição simples: "Se tu queres, podes tornar-me limpo."

This leper came to Jesus with a simple request: "If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean."

A resposta de Cristo foi tanto simples: "Quero; sê limpo."

Christ's response was equally simple: "I will; be thou clean."

Como o leproso, podemos sentir sujo. Podemos sentir excluído da sociedade do mundo.

Like the leper, we can feel unclean. We can feel excluded from the society of the world.

Todos pecamos, que nos faz sujo e nos separa da presença de Deus. Isso nos enche com sentimentos de culpa e tristeza.

All of us sin, which makes us unclean and separates us from the presence of God. It fills us with feelings of guilt and sadness.

Mas também como o leproso, podemos nos tornar limpo novamente.

But like the leper, we too can become clean once again.

Se nós, como o leproso, pedimos a Cristo que nos torne limpo, ele o fará.

If we, like the leper, ask Christ to make us clean, He will do it.

Ele quer nos abençoar. O primeiro que disse ao leproso foi "Quero".

He wants to bless us. The first thing he said to the leper was "I will".

Também ele pode nos abençoar. O leproso foi limpado pela palavra de Cristo, e se nós pedimos, podemos também ser limpados.

Also, he can bless us. The leper was made clean by the word of Christ, and if we will ask, we too can become clean.

Vamos lembrar que Cristo pode nos abençoar e vai nos abençoar se lhe pedirmos.

Let us remember that Christ can bless us, and that he will bless us if we will ask Him.

Thank you all for reading this. I hope you all can feel the Spirit and remember the love that God has for each one of you.

Thank you,
Élder Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Última Semana no CTM

Week 29: Volta à Missão

Week 18: El Fin del Trenamiento