Week 5: More stuff

Hello family and friends,

First of all, I would like to apologize for not actually finishing my letter last week. I only have an hour to do this, and I ran out of time. A correction:

* There is a district here learning Japanese. For some reason, one of my roommates has the Book of Mormon in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, and Japanese. Last night, I read from 1 Nephi 1:1 with one of the Japanese elders. I could almost read fluently. Additional note: This week, I learned a new phrase in Japanese: O genki des ki? Genki des. (This is equivalent to "How are you?" "Pretty good" or "Como você está?" "Muito bom.")

Also, I didn´t finish my explanation of Morôni 8:16, but I won´t do that now.

This week, there was just a little that happened. I read more of the Book of Mormon. I learned more Portuguese. I taught a few more practice lessons. People fixed a broken sewer pipe in front of our classroom. You know, the normal stuff.

I´m still reading the Book of Mormon. Right now, I´m in Alma 56, and only three and a half days behind. Having not read for about three days last week, that is pretty good. I only need to read 50 pages a day to finish on time. (Yes, I do have time to do that. No, it does not replace anything incredibly important.)

And the weekly scripture:

Filipenses 4:13
Posso todas as coisas em Cristo que me fortalece.

Phillipians 4:13
I can do all things in Christ which strengtheneth me.

Muitas coisas no mundo são difíceis, e podem aparecer impossíveis. Porém, de acordo com essa escritura, nenhuma coisa não é possível com Cristo.

Many things in the world are difficult, and can seem impossible. However, according to this verse, nothing is impossible with Christ.

Agora, estou lendo o Livro de Mórmon. Comecei duas semanas atrás, e li até Alma 56 desde então. Tenho 214 páginas mais a ler, e quatro dias por lendo essas. Muitas pessoas diriam que isso é impossível, mas eu sei que com Cristo, eu posso.

Right now, I am reading the Book of Mormon. I started two weeks ago, and have read up to Alma 56 since then. I have 214 pages left to read, and four days to finish in time. Many people would say that this is impossible, but I know that with Christ, I can do this.

Thank you, once again. My dad thinks that a simple "Thank you" is not an effective sign-off, so I will add a bit this time. If you have anything to say to me in response to this email or any others, please respond. I do have some time to read them, and I might answer any questions that you ask. This is God´s work, and I am doing my best.

Élder Hiatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6: Última Semana no CTM

Week 29: Volta à Missão

Week 18: El Fin del Trenamiento